Lecture 2: More about colors

What we see is just not about what the eye sees. We're used to lots of different kinds of ideas about colors and color combinations and we can't escape that fact when we perceive things. We also perceive colors based on what other colors we see: next to different colors and in different white balances what we see can be far from what it actually is.

We also have different kinds of eyes and we see colors differently. We were talking a bit about tetrachromats and I actually think I'm one, at least based on all the tests and games I've ever played. I often score way more than what I guess is the average. I don't know what's the difference, though!

When it comes to usage of colors, the darker, warmer and more saturated the colors are, what we see seems to be closer. The lighter, colder and less saturated the shades are, they seem to be farther.

There are also different gamuts: RGB gamut and CMYK gamut. RGB is for web and CMYK for printing. (And avoiding AdobeRGB for publishing online is good)

In color management you need to

I tried the color matching game..


It went better than expected! Did I do something wrong...

Color cast removing task:




Kommentit

Suositut tekstit